Saturday 25 April 2009

First Post-In the beginning

Well I promised certain individuals to start a blog all about my transition from academic training to pilot training. So here it is.

Just a little about me:- I grew up in the rural town of Whitby, North Yorkshire, famous for Captain Cook, Dracula, Goths and Fish and Chips. Not forgetting the lovely picturesque North Yorkshire moors, where one could easily get lost!

Despite the lovely scenery, there is absolutely no private aviation in Whitby, except some nutters on a grass strip. Most likely reason being the giant radar station in the middle of the moors that will jam any instruments that you have and arrest you if you fly within 1.5nm of the station. Lovely fellas those MOD/DOD chaps!

Anyhoo, I left this sleepy town for a life in academia, first going to Edinburgh Uni for a Bsc (Hons) then Strathclyde Uni for a Masters of Research in Biomedical Research and finally a Gastroentorology PhD at Nottingham Uni.

So then, "Am I on the right blog?" you ask. Well I had one of those "Where do I see myself in 10 years?" thoughts, and I didn't want to be sat in a stuffy lab with experiments that don't work.

:(

So plan B has always been pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment